Hardwood Floors Add Elegance & Value to Your Home
When it comes to natural beauty it’s hard to beat the look and warmth of real hardwood flooring. Like most floor covering products, hardwood flooring has changed dramatically over the past few years. We carry all the latest hardwood styles in our showroom. We have a wide selection of hardwood flooring for you to choose from, and we offer expert installation. From 3/4″ solid oak, maple, and other hardwood species, to the pre-finished engineered, longstrip or handscraped flooring, we can help you choose the right hardwood floor for your decor, and lifestyle.
Hardwood floors come in 4 basic constructions:
- 3/4" Solid Wood Flooring (unfinished or pre-finished)
- Engineered Wood (unfinished or pre-finished)
- Longstrip Wood Planks (pre-finished)
With today’s manufacturing techniques pre-finished hardwood floors are much easier to maintain and the special factory finishes are more durable than ever. No matter whether you choose solid, engineered or longstrip, we can provide you with the best brand selection, pricing and expert installation.
With so many different species and finishing styles to choose from, hardwood flooring can be confusing. Let our expert staff help guide you to the right wood floor for your home and lifestyle.
Hardwood Care & Maintenance
Fortunately for hardwood floor owners, maintaining hardwood isn’t as hard as it used to be, due to technological advances in the building of hardwood planks and improved finishing techniques. Here are a few common sense tips that can keep your hardwood floors last a long time:
- Hardwood floors and water don’t mix! When it gets wet, dry immediately using a soft, absorbent cotton cloth
- Install protector pads on all your furniture
- Do not use ammonia on your floors
- If you have pets, remember to trim their nails periodically
- Avoid walking on your wood floors with high heels—they can exert a tremendous amount of pressure and may leave dents
- Use a humidifier in winter to avoid expansion and shrinkage of wood
- Purchasing a wood floor cleaner is highly recommended